View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

jisd is flying high
Default HELP PLEASE!!! FROSTWIRE CAN't CONNECT!!

I know all about the firewalls...in fact, frostwire was running in my laptop for 4 months with the little brick wall in the bottom covering the planet, but then two days ago, all of a sudden, I only had one green bar in my connection meter and i waited several hours but still nothing. I installed it and uninstalled it twice and still nothing.

here is my info...
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Mcafee (which is on but i have disbled temporarily just to see if it would work, but still nothing), and Windows Security (which i have shut off)
3. How much ram? i dont know
4. Hard Disk space available? 80 gig
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Wireless modem
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Axess-tel CDMA
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Frostwire 4.10.9 and Java 1.50.0_05
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Firefox
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? says "your test worked": Yep
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.well technically arimba is a unsecure internet connection: No
12. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user: i had limewire a couple of months ago and i think i had te same problem, but on a different computer and cable modem...it got solved though, if my memory does not fail me
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface?yes and i always have, even when both of my firewalls are down.

This problem came completely out of the blue being that i have been using it for such a long time. Please help.

Thank you veddy much.