View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2002
Unregistered

Question Mac download problem

Hi. I have tried to download LimeWire beta for my Mac, and have had no success. Here's what happens. First of all, my Mac has OS 8.1 (with Java enabled), so I downloaded the conventional Mac version of the installer (the one that is over 11 MB). After the full amount downloaded, the icon that appeared on my desktop had the right name but did not show the proper emblem, just a blank icon. When I double clicked on it, instead of an installer firing up, it attempts to open (unsucessfully) under Adobe Acrobat Reader as a text file. I checked the "Get Info" window for the icon, and it does show as a text file only. I dumped it, downloaded it again, and same problem. Just out of curiousity, I then dumped it again and downloaded the other Mac version (so-called non-VM or something like that) and got the same situation again when I tried the resulting icon. I didn't bother with the OSX version, as I don't have that new an operating system. Someone please help, so I can start using this program. Thanks.