View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2006
Psst...over here!

6_pac is a glorious beacon of light

The problem is probably the wma's. See: What you should know about WMA Files. I would stick to mp3 files. I filter out wma's from my search results. You can do that in the limewire options.

I wouldn't trust any file that tried to connect to the internet so it could be played. I caught a bug that way once and had quite a time getting rid of it, though that was with a video file.

For info on codecs see: CODECs list and alternate players for Movies. I hear that K-Litecode Codec Pack is supposed to be a good one for WMP.

WMP and Musicmatch are very similar. You might want to try a different player. I've been using Winamp for audio files. There are some others listed in the link above . See How to set default media player.
Quote:
does anyone know of a codec program that Windows media player supports, so I can "unzip" the files?
I don't think WMP can unzip files, besides audio files aren't usually zipped. Most zip files on LW contain viruses. I would be very cautious about opening them. See: WARNING: Viruses on network you should be aware of!

Hope this helps .

Last edited by 6_pac; November 9th, 2006 at 10:36 PM.