View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006
Apprentice

General_T is flying high
Default Audio out of Sync when playing an .AVI file on TV

Hi,

When playing a downloaded episode of the TV series ****, ( On my TV)the video and audio start out in perfect sync. But after a few minutes there would be a momentary "pixelation" of a portion of the picture and then the video and audio would be slightly out of sync. This would occur several times throughout the episode and after each "pixelation" the audio/video would be more out of sync.

Why does this happen and how can it be prevented. My computer is very new and very fast with 2 gig of memory om Windows XP. My TV is a 40"Sony Bravia and a brand new sony DVD player.

Am I right in guessing that it is caused by the person who recorded it and it is not a software/hardware problem on my end?? Is it some sort of compression eroor during recording or would having different codecs on my computer help??

Any light on this would be greatly appreciated. I did a search here and it seemed that all the answers were directed to people who played the files on there computer vice a TV.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form.

Last edited by foolofthehill; November 10th, 2006 at 07:09 AM.