Thread: Router NAT?
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006
Apprentice

gamy1193 is flying high
Default Router NAT?

I have a problem going through my router, apparently, that I never had before. Had the same router for couple of years with no problem using Limewire, even through many successful upgrades and a firmware update. One day it worked the next it didn't. I have tried deleting the limewire preferences file, I have set up Windows firewall with every port change I've tried, I have set up a static IP and port forwarding with several port changes, I have set up windows 2000 compatibility mode, upgraded java and reinstalled Limewire. I know it is the router, because when I connect directly through the computer modem I have no problem. I can use Limewire a block away at work, so I know it is not being blocked by my ISP. I know the Linksys has a history in these threads, but just can't figure out why the sudden change. Here's my specs, and thanks for any help.

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)Windows XP Home - SP2
2. What firewalls you have?Windows XP only - Use Avast for virus
3. How much ram?512 M
4. Hard Disk space available? 40+G free out of 80G
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) DSL Fiberoptics
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Linksys WRT54G version 1.1 with latest Firmware
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. Version 4.12.6 and Java 1.5.0_09
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? EATEL
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. I have a Dell laptop and TIVO that access the wireless router. Have used LW on laptop previously as well, but now nothing.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Have used Limewire for over 5 years, never had a problem until now even with this router
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes