View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006
Apprentice

jayb7700 is flying high

For Lord Of The Rings message of the 7th in which stated "But don't right-click to share the incompletes. That's a no, no!"

I don't get it. Whenever a new download is added and goes into my incomplete folder, it's in black and with the "allow partial sharing" enabled, these files in black are permitted to be shared. I can right click in one of these black files and click "stop sharing file" and it goes red and is no longer available as a partial share. The only thing I don't understand is why I can't reset it back to become a partial share. The "share file" portion is dim and unable to make the reset. Perhaps you can enlighten me.
Thanks
~J
I'm using the 4.12.6 version of Limewire and the Java version of 1.6.0-beta2
I'm afraid to try the revert to default as it also reset the files time limit back to 7 days and last time I did that, I lost so many of my pending downloads that hadn't started yet. I know can remove the unstarted files from the windows explorer to another folder when Limewire isn't running and then reset the # of days to keep the files and later migrate those files back in, but what a pain. I'm not all that concerned about the issue but it begged an answer. I'd like to be able to share partial files as I do in the completed files. There I can opt to share or not to share and make that adjustment either way, any time, without a problem .. It's got me puzzled. It used to work fine in an older Limewire version but after several reinstalls of the newer version, with the same results, I've given up and I'm not about to go through the brain damage of another reinstall. I guess I'll just not be sharing partial files the way I used to.

Last edited by jayb7700; November 10th, 2006 at 04:23 PM.