Thread: Torrents
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006
Creative Loafer

donp1371 is flying high
Default I think I got it

O.k., there is no proof that I am successful at downloading a torrent yet, because (duh) it is still downloading as I write this. But here is what I did to get where I am now:

1.) I went to http://www.torrentportal.com/

2.) I searched for a file that I wanted to download using the site's searchengine box.

3.) After I found the file I wanted, I clicked on it and I brought to the download page.

4.) I selected to 'download this torrent'; Then the popup box that asks you to run or save came up. I selected to SAVE it to my desktop, where I ran a virus scan on it first.

5.) After the virus scan did not find anything harmful, I dragged and dropped the file in the download section of limewire. Viola', it started downloading.

Now the funny thing to me is I got up to 95 HOST, but only 8kbps of download speed. Sometimes it might shoot up to 20kbps and come back down. Also, is having that many host safe???? Plus I found in the monitor tab, that the file uploads at the same time that it downloads.

I tried this just for the sake of trying something new and gaining the experience from it, but it takes forever to download using this method. If anyone has any tips or tricks to speed this process, please feel me than free to let me know.