View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2006
Novicius

h1cks86 is flying high
Unhappy University Block

I have just moved into university halls and they supply a free broadband over lan network. What i have found is that it has blocked all the p2p programs. I normally use limewire and i have asked around and managed to get a few proxy tunnels but it only downloads at a speed of 8k which is too slow. One of the people here is charging people to unblock p2p software for them as he can do it and it downloads at over 600k.

I have tried and tried. i have gone through every p2p program there is. i have tried all proxy tunnels and ports and either cannot get a connection or i get a connection of 8k.

Does anyone know how to unblock limewire so it can download at full speed? or even suggest how to unblock another p2p program or suggest one that works?

I have tried IPHIDE which is a neat little program to hide your ip and allows me to download from websites as the university and blocked some websites from downloading. but that doesnt work for p2p. I can't think of anything else and don't want to go to this guy as he is charging. but if he can do it then there must be a way to unblock p2p programs. please can someone help me i have spent days and weeks.

Many thanx