View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2006
Disciple

freon is flying high

[QUOTE=Lord of the Rings]Have you ever tried using the Junk filter? That's what it's there for ... to filter out junk if you train it properly.
QUOTE]

How do I train the junk filter to filter out "TOTALLY HIP TRACK", for example? Keep in mind that I DO NOT want to filter out results with only the word "totally", the word "hip", or the word "track"; these words are common and are likely to appear individually in results I am looking for. Unless the junk filter allows filtering of phrases and sets of keywords, it is useless to me.

When I search for "new math", I get large numbers of results that match only "new" or only "math". Furthermore, I don't seem to be able to restrict the results to those that match words; words like "Mathers" that contain my search strings as a subset also appear in the results. How do I prevent this?

All I want is a capability to get _all_ of the information returned by a search onto the clipboard or into a file, where I can search it myself with better tools. Why is this not possible?