View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2006
Novicius

yohn222 is flying high
Default Lots of search results but downloads hang on connecting then need more sources. Why?

I have limewire pro 4.12.3. When I search for a song (in this case an oldie but a goodie) I get lots of results. The # field displays up to 294 which I assume is the most popular (?). When I try to download that one (or any others that seem to be the more popular ones) the downloads hang on 'connecting' and then the status seems to change to 'need more sources' and I can't get the download, it doesn't even start downloading. Any idea why? I've tried setting up port forwarding on my router instead of using upnp but that didn't seem to help (provided I did it correctly which I think I did). I use zone alarm as my f/w but even turning it off didn't help. Any help would be much appreciated. I've tried googling it but no real help, I can't help thinking it's something fairly simple.

Could it be something to do with some files being restricted due to copyright? I ask becuase no one owns copright on classical files (Mozart etc.) and I don't have a problem with them. It seems to be the more popular, recent ones. I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere - I have looked briefly but no joy to this specific question, if I'm wrong please point me in the right direction. Thanks.