View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2006
Enthusiast

rach28 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Well at least you gave it a go... maybe someone who knows a bit more about using SUPER could help you out with that. I did intend on trying SUPER myself when i was having problems, but after reading through the info I decided it was a bit complicated (despite it saying it was easy!) and also i don't have much free space on my hard drive.
Maybe member "wondering why" could help you as they advised me about using SUPER.
As for playback... I found that on my old DVD player it was very hit and miss... one minute it would play a disc, next time it wouldn't... sometimes it would jump all over the place, sometimes it wouldn't even play dvd's that it had played before!
If its not your DVD player then maybe its something to do with the quality (bitrate) of your file originally, or what quality (bitrate) its been burned at.
I had the most trouble with films that needed to be compressed to fit on a disc as the quality (bitrate) was much lower. All my compressed DVD's played terribly on my old dvd player, yet the non compressed ones were fine.
It may be that your DVD player likes the higher bitrate discs???
Also, without getting too bogged down in other possibilities... it may be worth considering that it may be your actual DVD writer thats causing the problem.The one I got in my PC originally was OK for a while then it started burning me bad DVD's- firmware updates didn't work, so I got another and that was fine. That's just another possibility... but don't worry about that if it burns OK on Nero's Copy DVD function.
For me, the problem was my DVD player... for you I can't be sure. If someone who uses SUPER can help you to use it, and they play ok... great. If they still don't playback, consider your DVD writer or DVD player next.
Sorry I couldn't help you more... i'm not as up on this stuff as some of the others!

SOMEONE ADVISE MICHVOLLEY ON USING SUPER...