View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2006
Disciple

Freddyzz2004 is flying high

In a previous post I asked

"just before I delete the preferences folder Im wondering if this will also delete the partial imcomplete downloads I have already? "

Your reply was

"NO"

If you were an expert and you knew something about Limewire what your answer should have been was:

"be very careful, you could loose some files, because when you delete your preferences Limewire defaults to only keeping files that are 7 days old. The only way to change the days from 7 to 999 is to launch Limewire and go into the preferences. But once you launch Limewire it will look at the old downloads and use its default preferences to delete any old downloads. In other words if you delete the preferences folder it will delete any incomplete download that has a modification date older than 7 days from today"

If you had told me that then that would have been expert advice and I wouldnt have deleted my prefs folder.
I at least could have made a copy of the files and then could have searched for them again.
As it is now I have no record at all of what has been deleted.
I might have read a newspaper one day and searched for something or had a conversation with someone which triggered a search but now that is all gone.
Totally unretrievable

Gone forever.

You gave me crap, illinformed advice and Im annoyed at you.

You should appologise instead of trying to call me silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!