View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2006
Novicius

zipper is flying high
Default Firewall ristricts connection to Gnutella network ... Please help

I am a new user and have recently downloaded the basic release of to LimeWire 4.12.6.

I have tried everthing to connect but all in vain. The Firewall brick wall simply wont go away. Have disabled Win XP firewall and have also disabled Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition. I have also deleted the .Limewire preference folder as direct in one of the threads but no use. Following are my laptop [IBM TinkPad 42] specs as required:

1. OS version?
A1. Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP-2

2. What firewalls you have?
A2. (a) Windows XP Firewal which i've switched off (b) Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 2000, which ive also disabled temporarly

3. How much ram?
A3. 1GB

4. Hard Disk space available?
A4. 16.8GB

5. Connection type?
A5. Broadband [connected through office LAN]

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
A6. No idea

7. Where are you trying to connect from?
A7. Work

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have?
A8. (a) LW: 4.12.6 (b) Java: 1.5.0_06

9. Who is your ISP provider?
A9. PTCL [Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation Limited]

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
A10. Your test worked

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
A11. Shared by 4 individuals via office LAN.

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
A12. 1st try

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?
A13. Yes and it wont go away