View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Guy
Talking about that, i think LimeWire really needs a List blacklisted Ip's, but for the moment, i have a list i would like to post a list of more fake/bad results filenames (or fragments for filtering)
-Prank Hmm. dunno
-Wicked remix Not a chance
-Rare Recording Even less chance
-Track Never
-Eighties classic Even more never
-Totally Hip track Totally could be added
-Top of charts No go
For now, this is my suggestion, add this to the LimeWire filtering lists, and u won't get any fake files.
Good luck filtering results
I'm not trying to be rude here, but you have totally misunderstood how the keyword filter works. Every single word will be filtered by itself, even if it's a part of a word.

@ blondeMatrix

I'll get back to you later. You got some more interesting ideas. About the blocklist though I can tell you that AaronWalkhouse is allready taking care of that, but maybe he wants help.

Also many of the workarounds that you mentioned are not in my guide and will not be added. I download from T1 and T3 all the time. Im a T1 myself. Also I would rather add _ to the Keyword filter than use it in a search. Also downloading only files that have 10 or less hosts, since when should that help. That's advise for newbies and only works sometimes.

Seriously take a good look at the guide and ignore the other advise. I BTW don't use the (in my mind) flawed junkfilter either.

In the meantime you could maybe have a look at the Limewire Beta forums. It would help you get a better idea of what is a work in progress and what is overlooked.

Oh almost forgot. Until that blocklist is a part of Limewire/Frostwire there's always PeerGuardian. Not as good a solution but helps a bit.

http://phoenixlabs.org

BTW Limewire and Frostwire were working closely last time I checked, which isn't recently but I think they still are. Haven't heard otherwise

(edit: Mistook this for a thread in the Frostwire section for some strange reason)

Last edited by Sleepless; November 20th, 2006 at 09:40 AM. Reason: edited the edit of the edit of the edit.....