View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006
Novicius

dred is flying high
Angry Download Speeds just got Slower

Hello,
Could you please help? I have been using Limewire for approximately 6 weeks (limewire basic). The first 4/5 weeks went fantastic download speeds pretty quick, generally 3 to 30 KB/s occasionally 40/60 once 111 KB/s.
Then it started to slow down dramatically 0/2 KB/s (between 1/9 hosts with a turbo charged connection) . Mostly each track ‘needs more resources’ 70% at least! I have used MSN music to download a 20Mb Pink Floyd track; it completed this in 2.5 minutes just to see if it was a connection problem. I have gone to www.specials.zdnet.co.uk and tested my connection speeds they are approx 750/950Kbps and 90/105 K bytes/sec. I have also signed up to Limewire Pro (Sun 19th Nov) still the same results.
Reading about issues with Limewire on several forums I have read of dozens of cases now where the problems I have outlined above have been experienced by other users – worked great at first then died a death!
I have allowed access through my firewall but the wall is still in front of the Globe (fire wall status) I even in desperation turned my firewall off, made no diference.

Please help I have been working on this problem for days now!

Yours ……………………. DRED

Details:

PC: fast
Anti-virus: Avaste
Firewall: Zonealarm
ISP: Talktalk
Line speeds: approx 750/950Kbps and 90/105 K bytes/sec