View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006
The Final Frontier

foolofthehill has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souwalker
Thanks.
I do not need to log in as adminstrator. Never had to with my other computers. It boots up straight to the xp desktop.
I don't use any firewall. My router has UPnP enabled. I doubt it's the router as the other 2 pcs works fine.
Yes, there is a brick wall in front of the globe. I know from the very start that it means some firewall is blocking but everthing is off. I even managed to access that test website with that port extension. I really can't think of any solution.
Rgds
pat
Sometimes, even all firewalls have been switched off (disabled), there are still some processes running in the background. That's why we rather advise the people to properly configure their firewall than to just switching them off.

What I would try is to make sure that the LW on the new computer runs with the same listening port number as the other two that are working properly.

Other than that, I'm not sure......maybe deleting the LW preference folder as a precaution will have a positive effect. Read here on how to delete this folder (Point #2 & 3 in Fixes for Limewire)
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=36420
Afterwards reboot your computer.