View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2006
Novicius

JenT is flying high
Default Strange Connection Issues...

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows Media Center Ed. Svc Pack 2
2. What firewalls you have? Windows (disabled), router(?)
3. How much ram? 1 GB
4. Hard Disk space available? ~60 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) DSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Linksys WRT54G with DDWRT v23 firmware
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW: 4.9.30 (PRO) Java: 1.5.0_09
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Bellsouth
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? "Your Test Worked!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. On a wireless home network; no other P2P apps running anywhere.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Several years of experience; first problem.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes! : /

I had used Limewire for quite a while with great success. My speeds were great, my connections were always turbo-charged, and my searches were awesome. Then, I decided to format my HD because of a virus. After setting everything back up and reinstalling everything, all my programs work... except Limewire! I think it might be a router problem, but I'm using the same router as before. Without a doubt, it has to do with the brick walled globe.

Any help is much appreciated!