View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2006
Novicius

jpospisi is flying high

Wow! Thanks for some help so quick! Hmmmm.... I have already checked out the "Connection problems? Check here first!" link.... I feel as if I have done most of that stuff.

I did work a little bit with license issues..... nothing changed.

In LimeWire when I search a song/group, nothing happens. It doesnt bring up anything at all for me to even download. I did click on something and it said that i was not fully connected to the Internet,?!

Here is the info that you had asked for.....
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP

2. What firewalls you have? not for sure?

3. How much ram? 1.0 GB

4. Hard Disk space available? not sure

5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) DSL

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? I have a DELL XPS DXP051, its pretty new, I have had it less than a year!

7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. 4.12.6 1.5.0_09

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Alltel/Windstream

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?

It says Sorry, we couldn't find http://www3.limewire.com:6346/. Here are some related websites:

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.

Hmmmm... dont know if i am or not!?

12. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
This is my very first try!

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface?

Yep, you bet!

Ok - thats i think thats it! Again, thanks so much for your help! Im not too bad with computers, but this one is tricking the heck out of me!?!?!?