Thread: dvd burner
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

BrainDamaged

You have given a bit more info and a clue to what is wrong but anything anyone in this forum can suggest will still only be speculation.

At this point, based on your info, there can only be one of three causes:

a) Your burning software has become corrupt and should be deleted and re-installed.

b) Your CD/DVD burner has developed a fault, if this is the case you should replace it if it is outside of it's gaurantee period. PC peripherals are so cheap nowadays it is cheaper (and easier) to replace it rather than spend money on it to get it repaired.

c) Your burning software can no longer see the burner's correct drive letter.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine had a similar problem, everytime he tried to burn a CD he got an error merssage telling him to put a blank CD in the drive. This problem occured after he had some upgrade work done on his PC, under the terms of the store's gaurantee, when he found he could no longer burn CDs.

As he was using the same burning software as me, Nero 5, I gave him a helping hand. What we found was that the "upgrade" process had caused Nero to see the wrong drive letter, i.e. "E:\" instead of "D:\", so all my friend now had to do was enter the burner's correct drive letter in the software's user functions.

End of problem.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob