View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2006
Apprentice

mizmander is flying high
Unhappy Disk error/problem

None of the above issues are the same as mine, however they may all be related to the same origin...my issue is when I accidently cancelled a download, according to "TIPS" in LimeWire-you can go to the incomplete files,locate the download that was cancelled, highlight it and click resume download....well, every single time I have done that (several, sorry to say) the disk error thingy has resulted and the download did not ever resume. I had to do a total search and start over. The reason I posted the question is because the TIPS say this procedure can be done. NOT!
Another misguide in the TIPS section is telling us that to better our chances of locating the file we want, to be as specific/give as much info as possible by using genre/etc in addition to the song title or artist. This "tip" is erroneous and leads us to believe that our search is done better with more infl.[I]However[I]if you follow that advice, a pop tells you how silly you are and that you have put in too much info for the search to work. Just another weird little glitch in Limewire Pro....