View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2002
LimeWire Developer

afisk is flying high

In response to the second post, thanks very much for the thorough feedback. It sounds like you're a little upset, so I appreciate the controlled and detailed post that will help me improve the situtation for future releases!

I'll respond point by point:

1) Download success-

Several users have reported similar problems, and I will definitely investigate this. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that there might be some issue with permissions if you have multiple users on your machine. Do you definitely have write permissions for your download directory?

2) Preferences issues-

I think a lot of Mac users may get confused by our user interface here. Basically, clicking the "X" is considered cancelling your changes. To apply your changes, you need to either press the "Apply" or the "OK" button. I realize that this is not the standard way of doing things for the Mac, and we may change it in the future. It's really the only operating system that does it that way, and LimeWire is all the same code base for all platforms. I also personally feel that the OK or Apply button schemes is better user interface design, but that's just my view.

Could that have been the problem?

3) Other little bugs

Can you identify any specific circumstances under which freezing occurs? On the mouse click issue, we are aware that there can be some problems here. As far as crashes go, it is also possible that you were an "UltraPeer," which can be more taxing on your system. You can disable this in the Options window.

Also, what is the configuration of your system? (G3, G4, RAM)