View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

legaluser is flying high
Cool please read

i took limewire off of my computer. if, at any time you are not careful, and you just want to see what the songs sound like, and hit the button that ignores the liscence, you may be ignoring all liscenses. unfortunately, there is hardly any legal music on this site. go to riaa.com, and they have all the legal sites on there. amazon used to have a great site, and free, but none of the links work anymore. this site is not safe if you don't want to get in trouble. all filesharing sites can be legal, but it is too tempting to get on here and download illegal songs. so be careful, because i thought some were legal that i downloaded, but if there is no media rights thing, (cant remember what it is)... drm, thats it, attached to the song, it is probably not legal, especially if its by a popular band. also, i found out that you can NOT buy songs through this site. grokster had started doing that, but the next time i got back on it to see if you could still buy, it had been shut down, and a nasty message from riaa or someone popped up to inform me they knew my ip adress, and it was flashing real big on the screen. thats whats going to happen here, because this site is just like grokster. go to alltheweb.com, search "legal music" free, you will find many sites. independant bands sound good too.