Novicius

Lilmissfoxxy is flying high
Unhappy Firewall still blocking??

1. OS version? windows xp
2. What firewalls you have? windows firewall
3. How much ram? 512MB
4. Hard Disk space available? 160GB
5. Connection type? T-1 connection
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? limewire 4.12.6, java 1.5.0_09
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it says the test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? no
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. explained below
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes

I used Limewire on my old computer with no problems at all. When I got my new computer (it's not even 2 months old yet) I downloaded and tried to connect to Limewire, but it keeps telling me my firewall is blocking it. I've gone through all the steps and opened the ports to allow LM to bypass my firewall and still no luck. I tried turning my firewall completely off just to see if maybe I had done something wrong and it was still blocking, but even with the firewall OFF the brickwall is still in front of the globe. Then I thought it might be my connection blocking it somehow since I was on dial up the last time I used LM. I disconnected my T1 and logged on with dial up using AOL as I'd done in the past but STILL it's telling me a firewall is blocking LM from connecting. (I don't use AOL when connected to the T1 line, I just use Firefox to browse the net.) I'm completely out of ideas at this point. Can anyone offer any other suggestions??