View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke71
Thanks so much for replying. I think I'll end up sleepless soon as well.

1. I turned on Firewall (Systems Prefences > Sharing > Firewall).

This is a Windows PC, right? XP? Also what firewall do you use?

2. I selected Gnutella/Limewire from Allow box and pressed edit then Selected "Other" and put 6346 in TCP Port number and UDP Port Number. Description, Gnutella/Limewire.

DO I JUST SELECT GNUTELLA/LIMEWIRE, OR DO I SELECT FILE SHARING AS WELL?

3. I got to "Firewall Configure" via "Limewire" > "Preferences" > Advanced.. and slected "Use UPnP" and changed the number in "Listen on Port" to 6346.

Did you try using Limewire with UPnP? Was there no change?

THAT LINK TOLD ME TO SELECT MANUAL PORT FORWARD.

4. I followed the set=up via the link.
Chose Configure iPv4 "Manually"
Entered 192.168.1.253

5. Rang TPG and got DNS numbers.
Put both

Okay so I reall have no idea what I'm doing but am perservering but that brick is still there.

Help anyone!!
When configuring the static IP in XP the easiest way is keep in on automatic config. Then while connected to the internet go to Start-->Run. In the box type cmd and press enter. Now type ipconfig /all and press enter. Now it will list the numbers you should put in the connection preferences, when getting a static IP.

When setting it up use the DNS server numbers you got from TPG. Press OK and you should be done.

In case you are still not getting it to work, please include some more details about your setup. What we like to know is in this thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showthread.php?t=62652