View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

I would, but I would like to see where this torrent support is going first. It's in the Beta right now, and the advanced options are a bit slim.

Like for one, you have no option in Limewire to make a torrent, only download them. Also it doesn't display the amount of seeds/peers and gives you no option to start and stop torrents apart from removing them out of Limewire completely.

I have made some requests on things that should be added, and I am currently waiting to see where it goes, before doing much more with it.

Using a program like Azureus, you could make torrents from your files, and you would still be able to download those torrents through Limewire.

I am keeping a few very rare torrents alive with limited bandwidth and I need to see how many people want or have each one to give the rarest preference. Limewire does not allow me to do that.

Examples would be:

The very first album from [Edit], which was never released (Original Studio version)

[Edit] (Bootleg)

A [Edit] Unplugged concert (Bootleg)

[Edit] MTV Unplugged 1990 (Bootleg)

These things are impossible to buy anywhere. These are mostly .flac torrents as well, so up to 7-800 MB, thus not very easy to share on Gnutella, with only one seed.

Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form.

Last edited by ursula; April 17th, 2008 at 08:01 AM.