View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2006
Apprentice

Banshee777 is flying high
Default Worked Fine Before, Says Disconnected Now

I completely redid my OS yesterday. Before I did, I used Limewire without a problem. After I reinstalled Windows XP Home and got all my stuff back up and running, I installed Limewire and it just sits there and says Disconnected in the lower left corner. It doesn't even make an attempt at connecting. I didn't do anything different than before when I had it working fine.

I've read and re-read many of the posts here and tried alot of the supposed fixes people have posted without any luck.

I've uninstalled my Norton to see if that was the problem, but no luck.

I deleted the COMPLETE LimeWire directory and restarted and reinstalled LW, but no luck.

I turned off Windows Firewall, No luck

I checked my Router settings and the Firewall within that is turned off.

I checked to make sure that the Windows Firewall was allowing LW, and it was on the Allow list.

I bypassed my router and directly connected to the main internet line, and no luck there either.

I uninstalled ALL the Java on the computer and let Limewire install it's own... No luck

I guess my question is, What happened before that's different now? I had no problems before with my LW. I've installed it on both by brothers computers as well as my parents and all theirs are still working.

I know it's not my ISP blocking it because my Parents still works fine and they have the same Internet provider, plus mine worked fine before I redid the OS.

I never noticed before, but there is a Brick Wall in front of the globe on my Limewire, even though the Router Firewall is turned off and the LimeWire is allowed in my Windows Firewall. The funny thing is, I turned Windows Firewall off and on and the wall is still in front of the globe

I'm running:

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium D 3.0
2 gigs of Ram
160gb main hard drive and two 320 backup hard drives (plenty of space)
Norton 2006
Limewire 4.12.6

My last option would be to completely reformat again and reinstall Windows and then Install LimeWire BEFORE anything else

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Banshee777; December 5th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.