Novicius

xxAshers88 is flying high
Exclamation not sure what is wrong

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP sp2
2. What firewalls you have? windows which is off, and norton which is on
3. How much ram? not sure
4. Hard Disk space available? not sure
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? modem : 060-D242-A25 (i think that is the correct number there are a few on the modem...)
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) newest.
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Windstream
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? I get a blank page as if the internet wasn't connected
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. New problem, I've had limewire for about 2 yrs now
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes

I'd like to add that I used to have broadband through my old cable provider then my parents decided to go to satelite which offered windstream, I believe that windstream has blocked limewire or something. I called them and they put me through some tests then told me it was limewire that was having the technical issues. I sorta doubt this since this didnt happen until we switched net providers.

Please help!

Thank you,
Ash