Disciple

demonskyline is flying high
Default limewire wont connect

1. OS version? windows xp
2. What firewalls you have? mcafee personal firewall plus
3. How much ram? 512 mb
4. Hard Disk space available? 36.8gb
5. Connection type? i think modem
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? it only says "webstar" on my my modem
7. Where are you trying to connect from? my apartment
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? limewire 4.12.6 pro and java 1.5.0_09
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Rogers
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it says your test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. i only have bitcomet on my pc, but it doesnt work either
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. no i used limewire for a loooooooong time, and this started happening yesterday
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes

[B]i tried re-installing limewire a THOUSAND times, but it doesnt work, and its on the allow list on my mcafee firewall. It worked fine, but since yesterday, it doesnt go past the first bar (its stuck on "starting connection" and same with bitcomet). i dont know whats going on, my internet is workin fine...

Last edited by demonskyline; March 28th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.