View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2006
Novicius

charlilou is flying high
Default not working suddenly

i have been using limewire for a good 10 months. it has been working fine untill about a month ago, when it would not download.
i uninstalled and reinstalled and it has the firewall permenatly up even though i have allowed limewire. the connection skips between 1 bar and 4 and a few results sometimes come up but i cannot download them.
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) windows xp
2. What firewalls you have? windows one
3. How much ram? 1gb
4. Hard Disk space available? 250gb
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? asdl router, HUAWEI smartAX MT882
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. dunno as have uninstalled. but i didnt have a problem with java limewire version was 4.12.06
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? talktalk
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? your test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. nope
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. new problem, see above
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yep, thats the main problem

please help, im getting really annoyed thanks