View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Whackylilstar

I understand the point you are trying to make and I totally agree with you, no one should be allowed to take without sharing but you have some fundamental misunderstandings in your assessment.

First, you said:
Quote:
But there is one thing that really gets me very angry and that is when you see people uploading from your computer who are not sharing their music,
How do you know that people are not sharing? I’ve been using LW for about 2.5 years now and, as far as I am aware, there is no way of telling if someone else is sharing their files.

Secondly, you also said:
Quote:
it angers me because that is how the site works by everyone sharing
and:
Quote:
I would like to see the site changed so everyone has to share there should not be a choice of not sharing
I must remind that there is no single site as such what you are actually sharing from is other users PCs. That is when you search for a file/song/film clip etc. you are actually seeing if it is available on someone else’s PC.

Now you run into the ethical problem of should you try and take control of user's PCs through planting some sort or Trojan, in LW, that forces people to share.

Well, if this is what you want I would have to vehemently disagree with you, even though I am a sharer and a Pro user if I found out that my copy of LW was sharing stuff without my permission I would stop using it. And I believe that anyone concerned about their PC security would stop using LW also.

So junior member Whackylilstar, although I initially agree with your idea in practice I would stop using LW and move onto something that would not intentionally compromise my PCs (and by default my) security.

UK Bob