View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2006
Apprentice

bulletproof619 is flying high
Default absolutely no luck with connecting limewire

hey guys, just posting this msg as I'm at the end of my tether, I've tried absolutely everything to get limewire connected and absolutely nothing is working. I have used limewire in the past and it's been fine but I've recently moved to a new ISP called "Be", I started using limewire with this new ISP on friday and it was working fine for about an hour then there was only one green bar at the bottom, since then I have not been able to get a connection with limewire whatsoever apart from one bar which is useless.
There have been some occassional times where it has gone up to three bars but this is still useless as I cant get any search results or download anything. I've basically tried everything from port forwarding to checking if my router is UPnP enabled to changing the port on the advanced section of LW section and absolutely nothing is working. Anyway heres all my settings, really hope someone can help me out, thanks

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Windows Firewall Only
3. How much ram? 256
4. Hard Disk space available? 11.9GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Speedtouch 780
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. Limewire 4.12.6 & Java 1.5.0_09
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Be Internet
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It says 'your test worked'
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Yes sharing with two other computers on a router
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. A new problem with an experienced user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Sometimes its there, sometimes it isnt