View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2006
Valued Member contributor

newbee2 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Recent Browsing and connecting, is it just me????

As usual been indulging in the three most dangerous words for me '' I've been thinking'' Well wondering really, since I installed router with firewall, Iv'e noticed a few differences with my Limewire expierience, are these differences the router or the '' Network'' I wonder, as they have been getting worse over time, firstly, I now cannot browse from my Upload window (Used to) can still browse from my download window, but there is a lag, this '' Lag '' means that I now have to wait for at least 15 to 20 minutes after starting LWire, I used to be able to browse from my Connections window almost immediatley to check on Ultrapeer speeds etc.. and ditch the modem or dsl connections in favour of T1 or T3, now as i say i have to wait quite a while before the ''Browse'' function works, i know that its a hit and miss thing browsing, one minute you cant then you can, but this is a pain. Iv'e also noticed that often the browse works and say gives you 200 results on a host, if you browse that host again you may get 500 files showing,one trick that works, is when files start showing, scroll the slide bar down slowly, as they are loading, almost to the bottom, and that seems to bring up the maximum files for that host.
second, apart from Lag,it takes a lot longer to get 5 ultrapeers, that used to happen really FAST, now it does not, lastly dont know if it's part of same problem, when connecting as an UPeer, my download speeds are really bad, not nearly as good as they used to be??? also takes longer to become an UPeer. Is this in any way just me?? part of the squeezing of the network at the moment??
Any Ideas?
N2,
PS Love the new look name ! quite taken with it !
PPS Happy Christmas all you hard working folks ! And THANKS for all the help so unselfishly given, much appreciated.
PPPS I notice that when connected to the forum recently, it ''Flashes'' or blinks, or momentarily dissapears, is this my fading eyesight? or the beginning of the end of my cognitive function? (I thinkI'm getting old?)
Using Mozilla F.1.0.8.
Have latest Java, plenty of space and memory etc..

Last edited by newbee2; December 14th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.