View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2006
Spaced Out

muhctekdano is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

First of all, you are getting free files, right? What's $20 when you can recoup the cost in one day?

Secondly, you should definitely be careful what you download. Files are often not what they say they are! I too have spent days downloading a movie, only to be disappointed. Preview your movies and/or music when the progress bar hits 10%.

Thirdly, if it seems to good to be true, then don't get your expectations too high. Limewire is very useful, but it will not grant all your wishes. There is nothing wrong with paying for the original. That's how new music/movies/programs are funded!

Finally, I hope you are generous in your file sharing, i.e. adding new files and keeping your connection open, since you are so hostile toward those that do not do so. Keep in mind, many people have dial-up internet and cannot keep their phone lines busy day and night. Also, people may be scared to share files for fear of being caught. If you want to reduce the number of 'leeches,' go to tools...options...advanced, where you can specify how many files users must share in order to download from you.

Good Luck