Thread: Future Ports
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2002
Novicius

eagl3Eyes is flying high
Arrow Object Oriented

Don't mind me if I continue thinking loud and publicly ...

Its that I still have to often manually 'intervene' and search a file and that one there is an established dObject of desire (a file that one would like to have) it should stay connected with the search that lead to it ...

I am not refering to the thing I liked about LimeWire that multiple searches can run at the same time ...

But I am also refering that I would like to stay informed of what comes back even in the automatic researches (that can then help to optimize keywords criterias or so ...) It will also become more interesting when multple hosts could be connected to download from at the same time (even though frankly I believe that will be more likely to happen when Multicast File Publishing is done

So what I am getting to is that Maybe every DesiredDownload Object should in a mode have its own screen that could be split in the search, kandidates, transfer(s) as well as patial completion map.

Shure I like to see the current Download Tab be maintained as an Overview mode - but essentialy the User may select an Option New Search/Download - refine his search there and let it result in exactly one DesiredFile (if he ever finds another File that he wants on the same search that would automatically result in a copy of the tab to another New Search/Download...

There was some more stuff I was going to explain about the previous post of mine (other than the sloppy typos) what was it again ... Shout don't remember - ask me ...

cheers