View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2006
Apprentice

lilly918 is flying high

Hi again, tried to answer all of these basic questions so that someone can more easily help me -

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) I have Windows XP Home Edition version 2002
2. What firewalls you have? I have Windows firewall, which is turned on but with Limewire listed as an exception. I also have McAfee Personal Firewall Plus.
3. How much ram? 0.99 GB of RAM
4. Hard Disk space available? Dell Dimension DM051, Intel (R), Pentium (R), 4CPU 300 GHz 2.99 GHz (I hope I answered that one right, probably too much information!)
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Dial-Up
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Intel (R) 537EPV9x DFPC1 Model attached to COM3
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. Limewire 4.12.6 and Java 1.5.0.09 I just updated to Limewire 4.10, which used to connect and run with absolutely no problems. I then updated Java hoping it would help...
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Galaxy
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It said the test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No I don't believe so
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Experienced user, new problem since update to 4.12.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes

I hope this additional information helps out - thanks in advance!