View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2002
gratis

This seems to be the thread to post under:

My system: Titanium g4 500mhz, 512 ram, 20gig hd, without partitions, dsl, norton personal firewall (with ping protection enabled).

Only one user and I have admin access. I installed Limewire in HD --> applications, and save files in "shared" file in the limewire folder. I assume this is the standard method of using LW. I have been using limewire since 1.7, updating whenever I see a new non-beta version on the site.

I have made no changes to LW regarding hosts.

Bugs on 2.1.3:

1. Options preferences not saved (have had this problem on and off on all the new releases after 1.7) -- I choose "four stars," "cable or higher," "no LW mp3 player," "max downloads 12," hit "apply" and then "ok." These changes return to default when I choose quit from menu. Putting the "connections" button in the menu bar, also doesn't save.

-- How are you supposed to quit limewire? Are you supposed to choose "close?" This just hides lw in the dock. Are you supposed to choose "quit" from the menu?

2. Other preferences don't hold within the program -- column sizes/order.

3. Redrawing is better in 2.1.3 than the previous release, but still way worse than 1.7.

4. "Could not download" messages on many of my downloads. This actually doesn't seem out of the ordinary from previous issues (perhaps occuring a tad more frequently).

5. Downloads frequently just hang (either at start, or midway through a download) at 0kb/sec. This seems to happen more often if I put LW in the dock, or keep it in the background while I work in other applications (os X internet applications, or realplayer running in classic for example). "Resume" download doesn't affect these files.

I would like a button in addition to the "kill download" one -- "stop download," "pause download," or "refresh download."

6. We need an "on deck" window, where files go after you choose them from the search menu. This window would remember file names and IPs. You would then select files from this window when you actually wanted to download them. This way you could easily retry downloads. It would also let you "remember" multiple files from the same IP, so that several files were all not vying for the "busy" host.

7. When you quit limewire, all the files you carefully searched for and queued to download, disappear. I would like all the files in that lower frame to be saved until the next session, not just the ones currently downloading.

peace