View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Limewire Problems

I have had a major crash caused by Limewire 2.1.3. I went back to the previous beta version which has been stable for me. I have been using Limewire for 2 months and like the concept of the product but I have a bad feeling that these guys developing this software are not testing it on a mac.

I like the program but what happened to the search capability and dowloading capability that I have seen demonstrated from time to time.
It is really inconsistent. I have used 1.8 which searched great and downloaded terrible and then went to the ultrapeer versions which downloaded great and couldn't find anything. Now I cant find anything, all I get are sources that are locked out and plus it crashes my system 10 which is quite an accomplishment in itself.

Then to top it off they give you a dialog box asking you to purchase it?? I would think that there would be some pride involved in putting out a product out that worked before asking for development money.

Any alternatives out there or is someone from Limeware development going to solve these issues.