View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
Any .m4a file you see which has a higher bit rate than 320 kbps is Apple Lossless which is equivalent to FLAC, Shorten, etc.

In today's world with much larger hard disk drives, faster connections, there's really no reason why people don't share more lossless files other than through lack of education/ignorance & marketing. There's still the stupid ones who went with the early propaganda of mp3 & think mp3 128kbps is equivalent to CD quality. lol And then there's those who don't care, etc. as suggested by Sleepless.
I didn't clarify. They care and prefer what sounds like it came from the radio. And I don't mean just 128Kbps, but even 96 or even lower. Don't ask me why, because I think it's just stupid. But at the same time these are not some newbies that don't know better ?????

I only share a high as possible. Not much FLAC though because of limited bandwidth, but lots of 320 or 256.

On another note, keep to FLAC for lossless. I know that Apple has another good format, but lets standardize, and FLAC is the standard.

When you look for FLAC you get lossless, apple does not have that.

I know that some encode lower than L8, but they are just stupid