View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2006
Novicius

sublime2419 is flying high
Default Windows firewall is off - but I am still firewalled?

1. OS version? XP HE SP2
2. What firewalls you have? My windows firewalls are turned off
3. How much ram? 512MB
4. Hard Disk space available? 51.3 GB
5. Connection type? Satellite from HughesNet
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Direcway DW7000
7. Where are you trying to connect from? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? LW-4.12.6 Java-1.5.0_08
9. Who is your ISP provider? HughesNet
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? "Your test worked!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. New problem experienced user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes

Ok, here is my problem. One day, a few months ago, I opened Limewire and noticed that it was quite slow to connect. When it was finally connected, I only got few search results and my download speeds were very slow (No more than 5 or 6 KB/s and thats if it would even download at all). I have since then uninstalled my anti-virus software and turned off my windows firewall. When I connect to limewire, the icon indicating that I am firewalled still shows up at the bottom. I would imagine this has something to do with my HughesNet (fomerly DirecWay) service, but I couldn't figure out why this just decided to happen one day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!