View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2006
Disciple

JohnnySlater is flying high

I think its pretty hard to block junk...
U mean things with '02 Track 2.mp3' or something...?
All those files has as comment 'not related: {$yoursearchinput}'

Also i get some things like 'Lonely Girl search for date - call me'

Limewire cant just block those things... Well... 'Lonely Girl search for date - call me' can be blocked. But 02 Track 2.mp3 cant... Its up to the user to block it... If u search for a artist its also posible that u get that kind of result that is the real song... If u rip cd with Windows Media Player... and u dont search album, then u get track names like 02 Track 2

Its better to block the ip addresses... But also that can lead to problems...
My dad, his wife... she dont have any idea what shes downloading... she have download things like 02 Track 2.mp3, so shes already sharing that file! So are more than 46 people! But she have about 9GB on music, all 60's 70's 80's... And im sure she isnt the only one... That share much but have also junk files.

Theres a thing that limewire can do... is make people aware what they are downloading... We do get everytime... 'New Version Of Limewire Do u WAnt To update' Well, and that 2 times... Its better one time about the update... and one thing, how to use limewire...
And with that i mean... How to control ur shared files... Like 'If u download a file, and its a fake file, delete it!'
This way junk will be away... At least... the most of them... and this way there will be less users that have junk files... And those users that have junk, block them...

Ip Blocking is a not as good as by kazaa... Well... Here it say 10 sources... but when u do Ignore Host... it will block 1 ip... do u again Ignore host... It Shows up the same ip... Thats not good...
So for the next free update... i hope that the makers of limewire, do it just like kazaa lite... That u can see all the users that have that file...

The Ips ive blocked:

The reason why i have block those IPS... I was searching for DBZ, Videos... and all those ips has many files, videofiles, wmv, less than 1MB!!! So fake files...