View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2006
Novicius

suemccartin is flying high
Default more on this issue

Well I'd hoped that was solution apparently not, the machine went into power saver mode and when it came back up no connection, Anyone know if earthlink/aka mindspring does anything to block limewire? Anyway I pulled java pack 3 off there and now limewire doesn't work at all so put pack 10 back on there from java web site and still no full blue connection but it seems to be connecting a little bit because a couple of things seem to be downloading. Now I think I have one machine that limewire actually works right on I think I'll pull that out again and see if it's still working, if not I think we're down to ISP intervention or software interference. I don't think I've got anything going in my router that could be blocking it but I'll test without the router to see if anything is any better (course all my machines go through the router).

Here's a hardware/software list so we can all look and try to spot any similarities.

Xp 64 bit professional (based on server 2003) on two systems that can't connect
Musicmatch 10 on both systems that can't connect (I don't think I have this on the one that can connect properly)
Guild wars-game (all three chapters) both systems that can't connect
City of Heros, City of Villains on both systems that can't connect (I don't think it's this because the connection issue was there before this went onto the new system).
AVAST antivirus on both systems that can't connect

Anyone out there have musicmatch or AVAST on their system and NOT have any problems with limewire?