View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2006
Nice But Dim

LuckyJim is flying high
Lightbulb I'm listening!

A couple of possible reasons why you haven't had any replies:
  • this forum is for "New Feature Requests. Your idea for a cool new feature. Or, a LimeWire annoyance that has to get changed." and not technical queries.
  • in any case your difficulties do not appear to have anything to do with LimeWire (LW).

I don't have much to go on, but I would be inclined to check that the player is actually capable of handling videos as well as music, not all of them are.

If it is, then make sure the format of your videos is compatible: if it only plays .wmv files and yours are .avi (for example) then it's not going to work.

If it does play video and your files are compatible then I would check the software that you are using. The software supplied with the player would be best for you to begin with, but Windows Media Player might also be compatible.

I wouldn't expect to use an mp3 converter to load video on to a player, your not trying to convert your videos into .mp3 files are you? Ingenious but doomed: .mp3 is an audio format only, not video.

I just suggest the above out of courtesy because, as I said, this isn't a LW problem: if you have downloaded the files from the internet then LW has done all that it is meant to.

LW is just a means to get files from one person's computer to another, it isn't capable of doing anything else (such as loading an mp3 player).

I wouldn't bother to reply as I can't help you any further: try and find a similar forum for your player (just type the name of your player and the word 'forum' into a search engine) where they will be able to.

Good luck!