Thread: giFT
View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2006
Novicius

Kurrado is flying high
Default giFT

Hi all,

After the release of BearShare 6, I began to dislike BearShare. I always used BearShare Lite, but it's support is coming to an end. I've heard there are also plans to cancel BearShare Lite.

So, I've been looking around for a light-weight Gnutella client.

1. LimeWire is good, but I hate that Java Runtime, because it uses to much RAM and CPU.

2. Second program I tried was ShareAza. Very nice ! Support for multiple networks...but on Gnutella, not enough search results. Also too slow downloadspeed, etc...

3. Then I tried FrostWire, but that's pretty the same as LimeWire. It uses even more RAM !

4. Gnucleus was too slow.

5. Then I met PHEX ! Super ! Ok, it uses also javaw.exe, but phex on it's own doesn't use that much RAM. It almost doesn't use any diskspace ! Also very customizable, and with some Optimization Tips, it was the best Gnutella Client ! So, Phex became my favourite Gnutella Client !

After this story, I used Phex for a while...

6. ...but now I discovered KCeasy ! What a small, good P2P application ! It connects to Gnutella, Ares, OpenFT and FastTrack ! It's search results and download speed is good ! Ofcourse, it's Gnutella support isn't that good as LimeWire's, but it's under development and it's getting better all the time. (Next step: Torrent-support ?)

KCeasy uses giFT. giFT is under development, and needs to get more support and developers !

Now, my favourite P2P duo is 'KCeasy' and 'uTorrent' ! Together they use approximate 8 MB diskspace and 22 MB RAM !

So, I open this thread for get giFT support a little higher, so also Gnutella-support will become super ! (I don't know how the relation is between giFT and the real P2P networks ???)

Maybe administrators could open a new 'giFT' forum ? :P

KCeasy: www.kceasy.com
Phex: www.phex.org
uTorrent: www.utorrent.com
giFT: www.kurojgo.be

Greetz,
Kurrado