View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2006
Novicius

MacGirl1991 is flying high
Default "Need More Sources", after 10 seconds of "Connecting..", every file, every time!

My limewire doesn't work at all!! I came across the same problem a month or two ago, but when I upgraded my limewire, the problem disappeared.. for about a week, before coming back again! Today, I deleted all files related to limewire, and limewire itself, then re-installed it, hoping that this might sort the problem out. It hasn't. I have also looked over some previous problems posted in this forum. I read about the 'fake files' possibly being responsible for the 'need more sources' dilemma, and tried to download a file that was from only 23 servers, that failed, so I tried 15, and when that failed I tried a file from one server. Nothing works, I have the same problem with every file. Also, when I hover over one of the little icons at the bottom, it says "limewire has detected a firewall".. I don't know what that means and if that could be the problem, or if it's relevant at all? I can only download "cable/DSL" files, if that is of any relevance? Also, I am using limewire 4.12 (basic), on an iMac that is almost 5 years old. I think it's a G3, it's one of the ones that is sort of see-through, coloured along the sides, and doesn't have a tower.
Please help!! This is becoming very annoying for me so any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!?
MacGirl