View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2006
Frustrated P2P User!

carole is flying high
Angry S**t another sucker been scammed!

Hi I have just found this forum and so wish I had found it before!

I have been scammed today by emule.org, I was searching for emule as had heard it was OK and I have been having trouble finding stuff with Limewire recently. I signed up only to find it had charged me the extra for spyware or something that I didn't ask for and that doesn't work on a Mac anyway. The only software offered was Limewire which I have, BitTorrent which is free and some other thing that didnt work.

I didn't realise immeditely that I had been scammed just thought I was being stupid or there was a problem cos I use a Mac. Anyhow after I realised I tried to find contact details, absolutely sod all on the sites, I had to log onto the members area where there was supposed to be a web chat but this wasn't on, maybe cos its the weekend and there were no phone numbers or email addresses!

So can anyone help me with some contact details for emule.org which is where I started from but it went to some other site called filesharingcenter.com. I phoned my bank and they said they couldn't stop the payment as I paid with a debit card, but if I sent them details they may be able to do something. I am not sure if this is the same company as some others on this thread under a different name. So if anyone has a number that would be great, I want to try and get my 30 quid back!

Carole