View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2007
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Hi, I'm a newbie and I have a few questions - I did search the forums first but couldn't get the answers so I though I'd just ask you guys.

1. In the Connections folder/tab thingy there are all these ingoing/outgoing hosts - what does this mean? They are the UltraPeers that you connect to. Limewire Basic connects to 3, Pro connects to 5. Unless you connect as an Ultrapeer yourself, then it's up to 64 connections

2. Is it safe to download from a host who's vendor is someone other than Limewire? For example something called RAZA. Should be, but ShaRAZA is often not as reliable for speed (Slow downloads)

3. Why is the "browse host" buttom for some vendors unclickable? Because those vendors are either blocking browse host, or Limewire used another type of connection

4. Why does "error. could not browse host" come up? Same as above

5. What does this symbol ~ after the bitrate mean? eg. 160~ It means variable Bitrate. Just search the forum for bitrate

6. Re: my shared folder. I'm so worried that people are somehow able to see files in my hard drive that I don't want them to see. Is that possible? Or can I safely say that what I see in my sharerd folder is EXACTLY what others see - nothing more, nothing less? Should be safe. Limewire by itself should cause no problems in this area, but I guess that some spyware/adware either downloaded or otherwise ended up on your computer could show other files

7. Does multiple locations mean multiple sources? And does multiple sources mean that that's how many hosts have that particular song/clip etc? Yes

OK, I think that's it!

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.