View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2007
Novicius

happydude is flying high
Default Connection Problem

1. OS version?
Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have?
Window's standard, which is set to off. I have Norton Internet Security 2007, which includes a firewall.
3. How much ram?
.99GB
4. Hard Disk space available?
42GB
5. Connection type?
I'm going to call it broadband. It's high speed that runs off of a tower/receiver system.
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
Jeez, not a clue. Not even sure where to find out. Sorry.
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?
House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...)
Newest version.
9.Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)
Local guys, they run a tower system as described above.
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
Your test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
First time, haven't used a program like this for about 7 years or so.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?
Yes

Here's the scoop. I'm with a new high speed provider, which is a smaller company. I contacted them and they assured me they are not blocking my use of Limewire. Other users with this ISP have no problems.

I assume the problem is with my Norton, but I'm not sure. I tried turning the personal firewall off for 15 mins and nothing. I also tried norton-settings-personal firewall-configure-program control-limwire set to allow. This does nothing.

I'm not getting any error messages or anything when I start Limwire, just can't turn up any search results and I'm stuck at one bar.

Yes, I read the instructions floating around here for the Norton fix, but those are for an older version and do nothing for me.

I hate technology