View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2007
Novicius

j_o_s_h is flying high
Default ISP blocking limewire... how to bypass?

Hi all..

i really need some help here regarding a connection problem in limewire & would appreciate it very much if a solution can be found to it.. thx in advance!

Here's the problem - our ISP (Streamyx) has been blocking limewire since late Dec/ early Jan so i tried port forwarding which is said to be able to enable connecting to limewire.. i used the guide found at http://www.portforward.com/ & followed the instructions perfect - static IP set up, network connection settings changed, virtual server rule added, no mistakes made. However the problem still persists - i still see the globe behind the brick wall & cant do nothing with the miserable single tiny green bar i see at the bottom of my screen....

1. OS version? Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Zone Alarm (properly configured)
3. How much ram? More than enough
4. Hard Disk space available? A lot
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? D Link DSL 500 T
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. Limewire 4.13.0, Java 1.5.0_10
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? TM Net Streamyx (Malaysian ISP) Yea i know it sucks but we have no choice over here..
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It worked! (but the program is not =P )
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Nope
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Definitely a new problem
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? YUP

at a dead end now..... neeeed helppp..............