View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2007
Novicius

amelio0o is flying high
Red face connection problem.

this is my first time using frostwire. i downloaded it for school and i am having trouble connecting. ive tried playing around with the firewalls as was suggested, however i am a bit computer illiterate. the connection is still not working, hopefully someone can help. the questions i left "unsure" are that way because i either dont know what the question is asking or how to find out the answer, sorryyy

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) Windows XP

2. What firewalls you have? Norton

3. How much ram? - unsure.

4. Hard Disk space available?- not sure.

5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) -cable.

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?- unsure.

7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? school

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.- Frostwire(4.13.1) and Java (1.5.0_09)

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?- unsure.

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?- the page says "Your test worked!"

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. -no

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - first try.

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?- yes