View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2007
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

VediaHasan,
Sorry you've had to sit there for so long without any help. Sometimes posts get missed or forgotten, it just depends on how many of us are here answering questions at the time.

Had you used an older version of LW before 4.10.5? If you had, you could have a preferences folder in the old location of C:\Documents and Settings\your username\.limewire...check to see if you've got an old folder there & if so, delete it. I'm suggesting this as you said that deleting prefs worked once & you would've deleted the folder from the new location (for 4.10 onwards).

Can the other computer in the house connect to LW?
I assume you're seeing the firewall icon?

I can't find much helpful info about the LiveBox. I guess it has a firewall, because in the FAQ below there's a link given to the portforward site (lots of people portforward to overcome firewall probs with their router)
http://zxon.notnet.co.uk/orange/#3.1

Follow the link within to the portforward site & choose LW from the list of programs. Then follow the instructions. Don't forget to set up a static IP...you'll find a link within those instructions. LW's listening port & the port forwarded must be the same number.
Let us know if that helps at all.